Friday 10 October 2008

Happy, Sad, Deep and Meaningful




Hello,

It`s been an unhappy few days. One of my work colleagues lost his wife on Wednesday and we are all feeling very sad for him. It was very sudden and they had been married for 48 yrs. He`s a very nice man and I feel for him and his family, they will be going through a terrible time.

The sun has been shining this week and I`ve been making the best of it in the garden. In my opinion gardening is very theraputic because I can be quiet and vent my feelings out there with only myself for company. I don`t even notice the time and I feel so much better afterwards, at least spritually, not always physically as my poor arthritic hands will tell you. No matter, my hands are important, peace of mind is. Sorry but I`m a bit deep and meaningful today with one thing or another, the `another` I need not mention here.


Danny is happy with his girlfriend and because of that so am I. Kerry is feeling well especially now as she can feel the baby move, another reason for me to be happy. Roman is doing well and is very happy at his nursery and I`m happy about that too. And in two weeks I`m having a day of work to go and visit a friend. I`m really looking forward to that and yes, I`m very happy!


Yesterday I was really worried about Jake, he was quiet all day and in the evening he didn`t come into the sitting room and lie down next to me. Instead he stayed in his own bed all evening, something that he just never does. This morning however he was his usual self so I can only presume he just didn`t want to leave his comfy bed, lazy so-and-so!


I do wish we had an alerts system on these new blogs, I mean I`ve quite got used to the format now but I have no way of letting my readers know if I have posted or not. Sending a mass email is the only way I can think of but maybe some poeple don`t want this. I think I`ll try that and if it works fine. If anyone doesn`t want me to do it I won`t, simple as that.


Tomorrow morning I have a hair appointment to get my roots done and a cut and blow dry. I think it will cheer me up a bit. Despite being happy for my family and friends I still feel low-ish. It might be because I have swollen glands in my neck, am I getting a cold or am I not? I wish it would either come to something or go away, I`m bored with it now!



This Sunday I`m going to visit my bother and sister-in-law. To my shame I haven`t seen them for almost two years despite only living about five miles apart. I suppose because we all lead such busy lives we never seem to find the time, perhaps we should have tried harder, two years is far too long. My brother Cliff is eight years younger than me and is my only sibling. Also we are very similar personality-wise which doesn`t make for a happy some of the time. However, I`m looking forward to seeing him and that`s all that matters. I just hope it`s a good visit.


That`s it for now though. I hope you all have a lovely weekend wherever you are. Take my friends. :o)













12 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great weekend and a good visit with your bother.Love Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra me again I don't know what it is but I cannot get to be one of yoyu followers I keep getting an Internet Explorer box saying cannot be found can you help from your end I have been trying all week its not just today.. Love Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great weekend and a good visit with your bother.Love Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the weekend sees you feeling better.
    Jenny <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to add myself as a follower but it won't let me. I will have to try again later.
    Jenny <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. IF YOU HAVE BLOGS LISTED THEY SHOW WHEN THEY HAVE UPDATED UNLESS THEY ARE PRIVATE..

    GLAD YOUA RE DOING OKAY..SORRY ABOUT YOUR CO WORKER..SO SAD AYE?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry that you are feeling down Sandra. So am I at the moment but I put it down to being so tired, at least I hope it is just that, not only finally finding a way to import my old blog over so now it is all together with the new, put with the other journals. I had to start from scratch with them again re-adding all the graphics and photos.

    Yes, the lack of an alerts system is driving me mad. Google reader takes such a time and even then I miss people. Instead of my computer time being less, it has now increased and that is not good for me. But blogger has always been like this. When people left aol over ads on their old blogs, quite a lot came here but I lost touch because I did not like the commenting system.
    If it gets too much I shall just have to stop and proably stop posting as well. I cannot expect people to visit me if I am not visiting them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am so glad you wrote.....sending BIG hugs to you..so sorry about your coworkers loss....i hope Jake IS ok....i bet you will feel so very pretty after getting your hair done....that always helps and please take a pic of you and your brother so we can see you two. You can ALWAYS send me any emails you want. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about your friend at work. It's going to get worse for before it gets better so be there for him. I know you will.

    I did not know there was another baby on the way. I missed that entry! Congrats to Kerry and also for Danny and the girlfriend to their new relationship.

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a shame about that poor guy losing his wife after all these years. I get pretty blue in the fall because I know winter is around the bend. Hope you feel brighter this weekend. If you send out an e-mail alert, please include this. No alerts is driving me nuts. My SN is included with my siggy and is still @aol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am happy to be back here...had a bit of a time getting in...it would not load for me...but it was worth the wait...lovely blog. Hope you have a good week...and it was great catching up on the news of Danny, Roman, Kerry...sad about your friends wife...
    Hugs and love,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about your colleague's wife, very sad. Glad all your other news was good and that your family are well. Eileen x

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, your comments are always appreciated. :o)