Monday 22 March 2010

Let me introduce myself!







Hello,

I`m Perry and I`ve lived with Sandra and Jim for the last week. They`ve been looking for another labrador since they lost their beloved Jake in November. They have registered with rescue societies and have visited countless dog`s homes with no luck but then I came along. Sandra has an online friend who in turn has online friends, one of whom is a dog breeder. She made enquiries and found another breeder who wanted to find a 21mth old yellow male lab a good home. That was where I came in. I lived with other dogs and since I was very young I had been in the show ring. I had some success but I was never going to reach the top. I qualified for Crufts but would have got nowhere so I was retired. My owner was a very kind lady who was waiting for the right people to come along to give me a happy home, someone who had experience of my breed and someone who was LOOKING for a companion. When I first arrived here I didn`t know how to `sit` as I had been trained to `stand` for the show ring and had no idea how to play with toys. Now after just one week I sit at the kerb without being asked and retrieve a ball when its thrown for me. I`ve also discovered there is a furry creature called a cat, something I`ve never seen before. Now I give the next door neighbours cat plenty of exercise....

I really like Sandra`s garden and can`t understand why I`m not allowed to walk on the plants. Whatever the reason I get shouted at so I suppose I`d better stay off to keep the peace...sigh. I`ve met a young boy called Roman and I think I have a new friend there. There`s also a little girl called Sophie who is very small and she doesn`t seem all that keen on me...Oh well, I`m sure she`ll come round eventually.


Sandra is very busy these days especially since I arrived. She`s doing longer hours at work and when she gets home she takes me out for a long walk. She wants to get fit and maybe even lose some weight for her holiday to Florida in October. She`s also doing lots of work in the garden. I`ve been inside her greenhouse and theres new plants and bulbs everywhere. yesterday because the weather was nice she weeded some of the garden and this morning Jim widened one of the borders for her. I wanted to help but Jim said he needed to keep it in a straight line.

Anyway people, I hope you like the photos of my good self, I think I`m quite handsome, don`t you? :o)

Bye Bye and Woof

Perry

28 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra
    Welcome to Perry, hes a lucky dog to have you and Jim as his owners.So nice to hear from you but if you are working extra hours ,theres only so much time to spare .Laughed at Perry trying to help in the garden lol,Sophie and Roman will love him too .i'm sure ..love and hugs Jeanxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra Perry is adorable ~ I knew before I opened your entry that you had another FRIEND ~ and he could not have chosen a better home to move into ~ I know he will be very happy taking care of you and Jim ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Perry pleased to meet you ,well done mate you have landed on your feet there ,though I understand you are allowed to sit too lol ,You certainly are a handsome chap ,Thanks for getting us up to date on Sandra and Jim ,and the children tell Sandra I have posted again recently ...love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a precious post, Perry. I am sure you will make a very special companion for Sandra, Jim, and the grandchildren, Roman, and Sophie. I am so glad you have come to live with Sandra and Jim as they needed a companion since the passing of Jake. Even if you get yelled at when you do something wrong, I know they love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the world of blogging Perry. You have landed yourself in a good home where you will be well taken care of and loved and have lots of love and company of smaller ones to play with.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely posting, Perry. My what a lucky dog you are finding such a marvellous couple as Sandra and Jim to live with. I know you will have many happy years and great adventures with them. I am sure Sophie will end up being a great friend as well. You are a very handsome young dog. We all look forward to following your progress when time allows. Woof from Jesse and Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, someone is a lucky dog and a lucky owner. Very pleased that Sandra has taken you into her life, Perry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Perry, how wonderful that you found a home with Sandra & Jim. I know you will be loved to the max! And when the weather gets nicer, Roman will love to come and throw a ball for you. You are a very handsome boy and it's so nice to meet you. Be sure Sandra updates us from time to time on your progress. Linda in Washington state (USA)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Perry, how nice to meet you, I think you have landed on your paws living with Sandra and Jim, be kind to the little people and try to keep of the flower beds!
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How could anyone not fall for such an adorable furry friend like you Perry. What appealing eyes you have and such a lovely smile too. I know you are going to have a wondeful life with Sandra and Jim. Go gently around the children and keep flashing those gorgeous eyes of yours. You will soon win them over.
    Smiling right back at you and wishing you 'Happy Walkabouts' with Sandra.
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you, Perry. You are a very handsome and above all very lucky dog to end up with Sandra and Jim. Just be good and look after them and their lovely grandchildren properly. A big cuddle to you and lots of hugs to Sandra (nice to hear from you agani!). Ciao. A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pickles sends a hearty warm welcome Perry. She was friends with Jake and looks forward to getting to know you too. Tell your mom we've missed hearing from her.(Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome Perry! You're a beautiful dog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad that you found Sandra and Jim, Perry. They may take a bit of training, but I'm sure you'll always have everything you need with them, and more besides :o) We need keeping an eye on, us humans, and who better to do that than our trusty doggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOU ARE ONE LUCKY DOG PERRY!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! Sandra, so pleased to hear your news, I felt this Post was going to be about your new addition.
    He's so lucky to have found you,and look forward to watching him grow.
    I wrote a comment last night, but it wouldn't post :>(
    *He's adorable by the way!

    Aileen...X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Perry.....I think I'm in love!!!
    Sandra is one lucky girl
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. glad you found each other.lovely dog. take care,love mort x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to meet you Perry! I'm happy you found that wonderful home. All the pictures have made my day and I do thank you for the SMILES.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Perry and welcome! Sandra and Jim are so lucky they were recommended to you.
    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. PRECIOUS....Nice to meet you Perry. I like you already. You are a very handsome and smart fellow and I look forward to hearing about you. I know your parents will take good care of you and will enjoy you to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww Perry is lovely and a very lucky pooch zoe xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Perry, you certainly are a handsome boy! Don't take it wrongly, I'm not doubting your masculinity but you do look a lot like Hannah, Sandra's beloved old dog. I know you've found a wonderful home with your new mum and dad and I'm sure Sophie will love you when she's grown a bit, you probably look very big to her right now. Enjoy the good life! Jeannette xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandra, hope all is well, long time no see (post) :-)

    Guido

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi ---just checking on you!!!! I have moved my blog... Here is the link. What are you guys up too????

    http://mymellowpages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Sandra,

    Wow, it has been a long while since I reached out. Glad to see you are doing better. I don't seem to write as much as I once did, either.

    Perry is handsome and what I wonderful face! He suits you well and from the smile on your face...and his...you've found your bliss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Sandra I am very happy that Perry has you and Jim as his new warm and loving people giving him a home that he will be well taken care of in. I have not be on the computer except to do some necessary things and the rest of the time I have spent getting the work done on my home while weather permitted. I finally made a post on blogspot and the last one was June 7 with a photo of Salty (of course). May you and your family have a blessed 2011 that is filled with happiness. mark/salty

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, your comments are always appreciated. :o)